2010 New Review Panasonic Lumix FH20

It's been a few years back I played with a Panasonic. Back then, I alone acquainted that there was a accident in purchasing (or advising for purchase) any camera fabricated by a architect that didn't activate with C or N. Brands like Panasonic fabricated accomplished cameras too, but they tended to be hit-or-miss. Back in doubt, I consistently knew I could about-face to a Powershot and apprehend a solid akin of performance, and I still anticipate this today. A Powershot may not consistently be perfect, but it'll get the above things right.
Having said that, I've consistently had a bendable atom for Panasonics. With conceivably an barring actuality and there, Panasonics accept been consistently fast and intelligently designed, and best importantly, they tend to aftermath absolutely abundant images, with a appropriate backbone back it comes to assuming in low light.
I'm captivated to address that alike a few years back my aftermost Panasonic, the new Lumix DMC-FH20 archetypal lives up to my expectations -- and again some. I'm beneath captivated to address that I'm affectionate of regretting my contempo acquirement of a Canon as my new "everyday" abridged camera afterwards accepting activated this. There's annihilation amiss with my Powershot. It's a abundant little performer. But dang, I had fun with the FH20. I admired this camera.

2010 New Review Panasonic Lumix FH20:


It seems like digital camera manufacturers recently went through a frenzy of seeing who could produce the tiniest camera body, resulting in a slew of credit card-sized units that are uncomfortable to hold and cause users stumble over their own fingers trying to push pinhead-sized buttons. I hope this trend is over, and the FH20 is a positive sign. The FH20 is slim and lightweight without feeling too fragile. Compact, but not too small. Some of the operational buttons are a bit undersized, but they're cleverly laid out. There's enough space between them to keep you from pushing more than one at the same time (although someone with larger hands than I have might run into that problem). The layout makes sense (as in, I didn't need the manual to figure out where everything was) and the 2.7-inch LCD screen, while not gigantic, is well-placed, bright, and responsive.

Perhaps the only complaint I have in terms of design is the fact that you have to push Menu in order to get into the Scene modes. Here's where my Powershot comes out on top -- I'm used to turning a physical dial to reach multiple Scene modes. Having to click into a menu is an extra step that would probably cause me to leave the camera in regular Auto or Intelligent Auto mode more often than I would if the other options were more quickly accessible.

No comments:

Post a Comment